Date: Wednesday 27 September 2006.
Time: 18h00 South Africa time, 12h00 noon USA Eastern time
Topic: Guidance for All Constituencies in "Zone of Insolvency".
Description: When a company becomes insolvent or enters the "zone of insolvency" various constituencies face shifting duties. The Turnaround Management Association presents an hour-long live webinar on "How Deep is Your Insolvency?" to give some guidance on this topic.
Beginning at 12 noon Eastern, panelists examine key business and legal issues from the perspective of the lender, borrower and other secured and unsecured stakeholders.
The moderator is J. Andrew Rahl Jr., Anderson Kill & Olick, P.C., with a panel comprised of: Allison Adornato, CIT Business Capital; Robert D. Katz, CTP, Executive Sounding Board Associates Inc; and Jordan W. Siev, Anderson Kill & Olick, P.C.
The speakers will discuss:
- What duties does the borrower's management owe to the creditors?
- What steps should be taken to shore up liquidity and keep the business running?
- Does the lender refuse requests for further borrowings?
- Does the lender call the loan?
- Can the lender request additional security?
- Are management changes needed?
- Does a bankruptcy filing make sense?
- What are the potential liabilities for the lender's and borrower's management?
Cost: The cost is $49.95 for TMA members and $99.95 for nonmembers. Registration can be completed online at www.turnaround.org
This invitation was brought to you by Turnaround Management Association - Southern Africa - the forum for turnaround and corporate renewal professionals in Southern Africa, established for purposes of information exchange, knowledge capturing, networking, education and raising the standards of turnaround.