Date: 14 - 18 May 2007.
Venue: Wits Business School.
Programme details and application form: Click on Managing a Turnaround 2007 brochure.
Cost: R14 300 includes tuition, instruction material, workbook, refreshments and lunches.
Discount for TMA-SA members: Not available anymore.
Enquiries: Debbie Sachs: email or phone 011 717 3637.
MANAGING A TURNAROUND
This five-day programme (with the last day being a workshop) provides participants with an insight into the various stages and processes of turnaround management. Definition, stages of a turnaround, rapid appraisal and detailed analysis, recovery plan development and implementation will be covered. The financial, legal, internal and external; politics and human considerations are evaluated in depth. The people who have led successful South African turnarounds present their case studies.
The Programme Outline
- How turnarounds differ from “normal” management.
- Typical stages of a turnaround.
- Rapid appraisal of a situation, crisis management and emergency actions.
- Detailed analysis and recovery plan development.
- Rehabilitation or “return to normal”.
- Legal aspects of a turnaround.
- Financial aspects.
- Marketing Aspects.
- Managing working capital.
- Internal and external political considerations.
- Change management.
- Human resource leadership in a turnaround.
- Managing stakeholders.
- Early warning signals.
- Lessons from bitter experience.
- Case studies from private sector, parastatal and government.
Who should attend?
The programme is designed for all those individuals, CEOs and managers currently involved in or likely to be confronted with turnaround situations or teaching relevant subjects.
This invitation was brought to you by Turnaround Management Association - Southern Africa - the forum for turnaround and corporate renewal professionals in Southern Africa, established for purposes of information exchange, knowledge capturing, networking, education and raising the standards of turnaround.
For more information, see Turnaround Events.