Members of the Turnaround Management Association - Southern Africa are invited to apply to the position of Executive Manager: TMA-SA.
Nature of the position:
- Probably full-time with 50% availability i.e. working 10 days per month, but scheduled around TMA-SA activities and the TMA-SA timetable.
- Ideal for a participant in the turnaround industry with other sources of income.
- The following is considered to be an advantage:
- Knowledge of TMA-SA and the turnaround industry in Southern Africa.
- Past TMA-SA board/Exco experience.
- Providing an office infrastructure (board room, administrator, administrative infrastructure, etc.) to TMA-SA.
- Remuneration is negotiable - could include or exclude an office infrastructure.
- Day-to-day administrative, operational, marketing, legal and management activities of TMA-SA to enable it to provide networking, knowledge, education and promotion to its members.
- Attendance of TMA-SA board meetings, Exco meetings and functions.
- Direct support to the CEO and COO.
- The Executive Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer. The Executive Directors on the TMA-SA board (CEO, COO, Secretary, Finance, Marketing, Education & Knowledge, and Informatics) remain accountable for policy, direction and execution in their portfolios, but will rely on the Executive Manager for taking care of day-to-day activities and doing the legwork. The current position of Operations Director will probably be folded into the function of the Executive Manager.
- Please email your application to
(COO of TMA-SA), which should include the following:
- Technical and financial proposal - remuneration, availability, office infrastructure included/excluded and costs thereof, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of the turnaround industry in Southern Africa.
- Funding for this position must still be secured, and the successful applicant may be required to assist in crafting the business case and participating in the fund raising process.
- TMA-SA is not under any obligation to make an appointment.
- TMA-SA can change its requirements - the onus is really on the applicant to propose a practical and financially affordable solution.
This news flash was brought to you by Turnaround Management Association - Southern Africa - the forum for turnaround and corporate renewal professionals in Southern Africa, established for purposes of information exchange, knowledge capturing, networking, education and raising the standards of turnaround.
For more information, see Turnaround Events.